PLEASE READ BEFORE ENTERING THE COURTROOM.
Pursuant to the Judicial Emergency, the following courtroom procedures are implemented for Putnam County Magistrate Court:
- PLEASE REMAIN OUTSIDE THE COURTROOM until court personnel comes into the lobby and calls your case or calls you as a witness.
- ANYONE WHO IS COUGHING, FEVERISH, OR ILL SHALL NOT ENTER THE COURTROOM.
- This courtroom is open to the public at all times, but members of the public who are not participants in the ongoing judicial proceedings are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to remain outside the courtroom for health reasons.
- YOU MUST WEAR A MASK OR FACE COVERING, unless the Court allows you to remove it once you are in the courtroom.
- The only place to observe in the courtroom is from the gallery (behind the bar), and you must sit on a chair marked with an “X.”
- DO NOT CROSS THE BAR WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE COURT.
- Plaintiff/Prosecution sits at the table farthest from the jury box; Defendant sits at the table closest to the jury box.
- Do not approach the bench or go beyond counsel tables without permission from the Court.
- Do not speak to the Court or one of the litigants without permission from the Court once the proceeding has started.
- Witnesses shall remain outside the courtroom until called. When called, the witness shall go to the designated witness seat in the jury box.
- Violation of this Order may result in a contempt citation.
See the official order here:
- Statement of Claim: $107.00
- Dispossessory: $82.00
- Writ of Possession/Foreclosure $107.00
- Garnishment $107.00
- Abandoned Vehicle $11.00
- Abandoned Mobile Home $40.00
- Fifa $29.00
- Warrant Application $10.00