Magistrate Court

Putnam County



Magistrate Court Bad Checks
What damages can I recover in a bad check case?


You may be able to collect the amount of the check, plus damages of twice the amount of the check, but in no case more than $500.00, plus court costs.

The source of this information may be internal or external to the Putnam County Clerk of Courts. The Putnam County Clerk of Courts makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. The Clerk of Courts makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.

All information stated in this document was provided by the author. Please consult the author with any inquires pertaining to this document.

Copyright 2003-2006 Putnam County Magistrate Court. All Rights Reserved.